Friday 7 September 2012

My Dancing Debut!

Dance? And me? No, Never... thats not my cup of tea!
This was what I used to say till a few days back. But not anymore...


It all started with an email circulated in office that a Shiamak Davar's dance session for beginners was to start soon.
Just a few days back a friend of mine had joined Shaimak's class and had completed a few levels. I always envied those who danced well... and so I immediately decided to grab this opportunity!


I was a little apprehensive when I started- I thought only I couldnt dance and everyone else could! But I was wrong- believe me there were people worse than me :P
Our trainer- Vinayak- was really good- (He being one of the reasons I never missed any sessions ;)) Apart from that he really danced so well!
He repeated the steps multiple times till we got a hang of it...but remembering the sequence of steps was a tough thing! We conviniently mixed up all steps- actually it needs practice but I couldn't manage to find extra time for this :(


One of the best moments of the session for me was when Vinayak was teaching a particular step, not all could get it... so he called forward a few who performed it well and asked others to follow them... and guess what... I was one of them :)
We learnt different dance forms like bollywood, hip-hop, locking n popping, retro! We also shot a few of those :) All of it was so exciting!!


The sad part is that the sessions are now over... :( but I think I'l continue this... I'l try to :)

Believe me dance is real fun! You tend to enjoy every moment of it!
For those who think that their age to dance has past... I'd rather like to tell them that therz no age limit for dancing... you can just dance anytime- for your sake- for you to enjoy- for you to relax- for you to feel good!!
I feel so nice now! I feel this is one of the good decisions that I have taken in life... I feel like thanking my friend who had taken up Shiamaks class- and told me about it!

I wouldn't say I know dancing very well- but yes, now I am a little confident- confident that I can pick up some steps and follow others- and most importantly- I can now dance to njoy myself!

1 comment: